Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Long Journey Began, and Begins Again

In January, I started a journey, and it's been amazing, brilliant, magical, beautiful and more life-affirming than anything I have ever done. I began doing an intensive spiritual training, part of which is studying and beginning to practice Reiki. I look back at my journals, even from two weeks ago, and I cannot believe how much I have learned, how much I have progressed, how much I have grown, changed, bloomed, become in four short months.

It started with a Reiki treatment from my dear friend and cousin Mumsy, because I was feelin' a little off energetically, mentally and physically. Once she had done a full treatment, I knew I needed to do whatever it took to bring the energy of Reiki into my life on a daily basis. And I have a feeling that Reiki may have picked me, too. There was a powerful rightness about it all. So Mumsy and I began working together, me studying meditation, energy, chakras, auras, magic (the real stuff, which is neither Harry Potter nor David Copperfield, but more like Granny Weatherwax), and finally, yes, Reiki, and today, April 14, is the day of my initiation into Reiki, my first attunement.

I've been using some books by Christopher Penczak, The Inner Temple of Witchcraft and The Magick of Reiki, to learn the meditative, energetic and magical skills, and a book by Caroline Myss, Anatomy of the Spirit to study the chakras and a system of symbolic, poetic diagnosis of dis-ease in mind, body and spirit. These are astoundingly challenging, complete, complex and masterful books to work through, and I am grateful to have them in my life.

I feel like I have reached a major threshold, and after crossing it I cannot remain the same. Reiki is always a part of one who is attuned, it can't be shut off. It makes wonderful changes, some subtle, some tremendous. Even now, before my initiation, I feel the transformation beginning, and I am ready. I have surrendered utterly to the will of Divine Mind. I am ready for whatever lessons are next.

Bright blessings, and blessed be.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the club!! So excited for you. Keep us posted! Love to you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete