Friday, September 28, 2012

Life on a CPAP, Day 4

I went to a concert last night with my son, was out until almost 1AM, and didn't end up feeling sick from exhaustion. That's a HUGE deal to me. I was tired, sure, but not so tired that I felt impaired in any way, and I am quite functional today. I even read a couple chapters of my book when I got home to settle down.

Concert, by the way, was FABULOUS. The Dirty Three and Dark Dark Dark. Dark Dark Dark are very very good, interesting and poetic stuff. Piano, accordion, electric banjo, bass and drums... Gotta love that. For me it was sort of a break - I usually am trying to watch the players and cop some licks from them, but I don't play ANY of those things, so I just sat back and enjoyed. And enjoyable they were. Look them up at brightbrightbright.com. The Dirty Three... Wow, what is there to say about them? They are wild, primal, brilliant, stupidly intelligent, drunken virtuosos from Australia who play wild, primal, brilliant, stupidly intelligent, drunken masterpieces that are either minutely rehearsed or pulled out of their asses on the fly, I couldn't decide which. Warren Ellis (the fiddler, not the screenwriter, although he's awesome, too) is my new hero.

This morning, I slept in until about 9:30, got up feeling great, puttered around, played some fiddle, taught a lesson, and now I'm doing some laundry. Hey, it's that sort of lazy, quiet day for me. Friday is my Saturday. Saturdays I generally am out working my ass off. Nothing new to report about the CPAP experience today, except that I am not suffering any ill effects from being out until 1 last night. That's new. Boy is that new.

No comments:

Post a Comment