Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day... Um... Seven? Has it been seven now?

Yes, I got the CPAP on Monday of last week, so it has in fact been a full seven days.

So here is me, seven days after getting the CPAP. Up at 6:45, dishes put away, teeth brushed, breakfast and coffee, change the water in the betta fish tank, wash breakfast dishes and coffeemaker, clean CPAP mask, remember to send lunch with the man as he goes off to toil in the salt mines... Check email, 20 minute walk, 30 minutes Yoga, 60 minutes fiddle practice, go to the Coop to get apples and baking soda, visit with an old friend, get home, make cornbread to go with supper tonight, have lunch, get a shower, blog, and get ready for the second practice-my-ass-off-because-my-own-music-is-kicking-it session of the day... And it's only just gone 3PM. After my lessons tonight, we are going to do a massive clear-out of a room downstairs and move the outdoor plants in front of the south-facing window for the winter. And take another walk. And read the final few pages of "Someplace to be Flying..."

It's 3:14PM and I'm wide awake, energized and ready to spend another hour on music. Two weeks ago, this would have been Fantasy Land.

Once again, I will remind you, Gentle Reader, that the only thing that has changed is that I am breathing normally and getting REM sleep at night. No drugs, no tricks. Just oxygen and good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment