Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What a band

Had a really good rehearsal last night with the Nephews. Things are really gelling, the music is starting to cook exactly the way I wanted it to. Just like the voices in my head were playin' it. This is turning out to be some tasty shit, and I am grateful, grateful, grateful. We're still working through some rough spots, but boy it's coming along. You know it's good when there's a moment of silence after you're done with a song, and then somebody says, "Uh, we just did that."

Special kudos to Jake Niederhauser stepping up to the plate and OWNING the rhythm section, holy shit. I'm so used to being the whole band that it was a HUGE personal... Thing for me to hand over the keys to the rhythm section, but damn, he showed us last night that it is in GOOD hands. I have this feeling that we are all learning so much from this process...

I'm learning that I need to practice more, so I'm gonna get the fuck off the internet and pick up the fiddle and keep working my ass off.

No comments:

Post a Comment