Thursday, November 8, 2012

Something less snarky

Well, yes, I've been a little angry the past few days. There are a lot of reasons to be quite justifiably angry. There are also a lot of reasons to be grateful and hopeful.

I am grateful that I have the mind and the freewill to resist believing everything I am expected to believe.

I am grateful that I have the skills and the talent to make a living without having to have a job.

I am grateful that America rejected theocracy and fanaticism and turned slightly back toward a progressive, loving future.

I am grateful that intolerance is less tolerable to more people.

I am grateful that PBS will stay on the air, and that funding for education, arts and culture will remain in place. I would be even more grateful if it would increase, but... For now, it'll do.

I am grateful that I have so much love in my life.

I am grateful that my significant-other hates television as much as I do.

I am grateful that I have found my heart's true home, in more ways than one.

1 comment: